View Single Post
Old 23-10-08, 08:32

Default i just bought a CMP! and need help identifying it..

hi everyone, Im new to this site.My name is Jon and i live in Kelowna B.C. Canada. i just bought an old CMP last week, and i am in need of some help.

I was out driving around looking for new dirtbike trails around the city i live in, and came across an area of forest with alot of old trucks parked in. my curiosity got the best of me and i started snooping around. after about 30 minutes i came across an old army truck. i thought it was really cool looking and knew as soon as i saw it i had to have it. so i started asking around the area and tracked down the guy that owned it. i easilly talked him into selling it to me for $500 Canadian. The bad part is it doesnt have any paperwork since it has been sitting for 25 years.

When i bought/found it i had no idea what it was, all i knew is that it was a cool looking old army truck. so after i got it home i started reaserching what it is. after looking around on the web trying to identify this thing i have come to the conclusion that it is a 1941 cab 12 Chevrolet C15A 4x4.

Its in very good condition for sitting 25 years. the previous owner said he used it as a farm truck and then one day just parked it and never drove it again, so this thing is almost fully complete (except for the passenger compartment engine cover - "Doghouse") and not really any rust anywhere. the only real damage is the headlight bucket is dented. the engine still shows oil at exactly full mark, and 2 of the tires still held air. the tranny and t case still shift aswell. the brake master is dried up though.

Anyways, i can find any data plates or chasiss numbers are any identifing number anywhere. i found the casting numbers on the engine and tranny and tcase but thats it. there is also a plate on the engine saying it was rebuilt in "10-45" and the tires have the year 1945 on them so im guessing after the war it got a total overhaul and then sold off to a private party.

So my question is Where can i look for chassis numbers or any other important numbers??? i have already looked on the front left frame rail and cant see anything. can some one help me? i will post pictures of it later. thank in advance! wow that was alot of typing. :