View Single Post
Old 09-11-04, 14:25
Dog Robber

Default Tidying up

In my last post, I left out a couple of words. The current Canadian flag is the only one I have known before this thread started. The Maple Leaf has always represented Canada to me and I would imagine most Americans. As you all know, we Americans are not very good at history and the signifcance of the coat of arms on the earlier flag would have been lost on us.
I do now understand the significance of that flag to you folks and I thank you for the knowledge.

Jon, my use of proper British English on this board and most all other non American boards I "belong" to is my little way of trying to respect other's cultures. I worked so many years both with and for Brits, Canadians Aussies etc. that it became natural for me to adopt their form of the language when we were together.
Mind you, I do forget to do it sometimes if I am in a hurry.
As well it is my contribution to trying to halt the export of the barbaric American version of English and American culture around the world which everyone seems to object to so much nowadays.

On a far more serious note, Karmen my thoughts and prayers go to you and your sister. I can only wish the best for both of you.
Bill