View Single Post
Old 17-12-19, 06:18
Lionel G. Evans

Default Mix of tyre sizes

Hello All,

Just to keep this thread updated - I moved my trucks forward about 1.5 metres yesterday. I had a look at the tyres fitted to each of the two trucks. One truck had three different approximate tyre lablels. 34 x 7; a 7.00 x 20 and a 7.50 x 20.

Due to the totally ruined nature of the tyres - very flat and square bottoms; I had to use a combination of 3 ton trolley jack and a mobile crane. The jack under the rear differential and the mobile crane via chains connected to the front leaf spring hangers, gave me ground clearance. Add in some locomotive force provided by a Yanmar diesel four wheel drive tractor. The battery went flat on the tractor so I called in the back-up. My late model Series 2A short-wheel base Land Rover. All the fun of the fair!

I moved the trucks forward so I could install three sets of pallet racking to store goodies on - like engines and gearboxes. Hopefully my lack of suitable, accessible storage has been resolved - finally after a decade!

I have gained a LOT of floor-space now and soon after I sort all the shelves and pallet racking out - I can find something when I go looking for it! Yes hope springs eternal.

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 17-12-19 at 06:54.