View Single Post
Old 18-08-19, 19:43

Default PLUGS, Aerial, Single No. C1 (ZA/CAN 1480)

This is the typical aerial plug fitted to the ends of the transmission lines attached to all the wartime wireless set horizontal aerials. It is also fitted to one end of numerous feeder and conductor cables for these sets to various whip aerials and mast assemblies. It is mounted to a No. 10 ring terminal by means of a 4BA x 3/8 inch, Cheese Head screw and internal toothed lock washer.

I have not yet been able to find the exact measurements for this plug that would allow them to be copied by a machine shop, and a problem, at least locally here in Canada is not many shops would carry BA tap and die sets in their inventory any more.

I would like to find several of these to fabricate various connector cables for my two 19-Sets. They must have been manufactured by the tens of thousands during the war and held in stores in large numbers. Somebody is probably sitting with a bin full on a shelf somewhere not knowing what they are.

If anyone can find the dimensional specs for this plug that would allow it to be cloned, can they post same?

David
Attached Thumbnails
PLUGS, Aerial, Single No. C1 ZA:CAN 1480 a.jpg   PLUGS, Aerial, Single No. C1 ZA:CAN 1480 b.jpg   PLUGS, Aerial, Single No. C1 ZA:CAN 1480 c.jpg   PLUGS, Aerial, Single No. C1 ZA:CAN 1480 d.jpg