Thread: Info needed: Building a repro LRDG 1940 Chev.
View Single Post
Old 03-03-19, 04:42

Default Precious information....

Thanks for the diagram Tony..... explains a lot...... also shows the roller bearing...... the ribs on the brake drum which I have seen in books only and the picture of the LRDG I posted yesterday.

Could you tell me from what book/manual it was taken from so I can see if Grant has such a copy.....

On the brake drum..... if you look at the last pictures from Bob Phillips you will see the exposed brake drum has a very flat face to which a 4 1/4 inch adapter/hub/spacer is attached by 5 bolts.

Thanks Bob...... that tubular axle is just the ticket and a match to the picture I posted. Your 41 46 Maple Leaf axle is identical to the one that Philippe J.has in Florida with the front brake drum fully exposed.....on my truck the 20 in. rim totally overlaps the brake drum and the backing brake plate is even with the rim's edge..... which means my track is narrower than his truck...both trucks are 1940 1 1/2 ton pick up with the long cargo box and duals on the rear wheel..... a WA model.

Bob the brake drum and adapter that allows a CMP rim to be bolted is very similar to the adapter used on C15...... no measurements just visual... but nonetheless interesting.

When will this snow ever melt....?

Again thank you guys.....
Canada