View Single Post
Old 06-10-06, 15:34

Hi

My 2 cents:

We only get that particular pay when we're in Theatre. It's not like the Military is "failing to support the troops". That's a groundless assumption.

He should not get that pay if he's not in theatre.

I fail to see the source of the Father's anger. This has been how it's been in the Canadian Military since the Riel Rebellion. If you're not there, you don't get it. Period.

Think of it this way; You work for a Corporation that pays you extra for a specific function. You are not employed in that function. Should you recieve that pay? If he did get it, I could see the other side of the coin in that someone else would scream blue murder that we were getting money for nothing.

The lad is wounded. I'm sorry but that's not reason enough to get $ you don't deserve. He'll get plenty of other $ from VAC ( a Govmt org!!) etc. These are rules known to every one of us well in advance.

Before anyone dares to bark at me; remember my Wife's Brother is in the exact same boat and I know for a fact he agrees with me as I spoke to him last nite.

Quote:
..."It's unbelievable (the government) doesn't support our troops. I'll never speak to anyone with the Dragoons again," Hunter said...
There's "the Government" and then there's "the Military". Big Friggin' difference. It's obvious this man has little understanding of things Military. I'm sure he's spouting off due to the trauma of having his son injured and all but it's a baseless accusation. Why would he never talk to my Regt again??

regards
Darrell

Last edited by Darrell Zinck; 06-10-06 at 15:49.