View Single Post
Old 16-04-07, 23:12
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Mounting, Quadruple 20mm Anti-Aircraft, Polsten

Well, after almost a year of emails, visits, paperwork and phone calls the Polsten Quad is on its way home. The paper file to keep two governments and several layers of bureaucracy happy is now 3/4 of an inch thick and there is more to come when it clears Customs.

I delivered the 'gun' to the Liverpool docks last week while passing through the UK on my way home from military duty in Ghana and it sails on the Atlantic Conveyor (ACL ship) tomorrow arriving in Halifax next Monday and, fingers crossed arrives in Montreal to clear Customs the following Monday.

We hope to have its cleaned up cosmetically for its Canadian debut at the Ottawa Airshow on the weekend of 16 June.

Full restoration will be delayed until my bank account recovers from the latest great adventure... the purchase of a turn key restored Windsor Carrier! More to follow on that adventure!

Here she is as found. More pics to follow.

My thanks to all my friends both MLUers and otherwise who have assisted in this adventure. Getting a Canadian made artillery piece home as a museum artifact is indeed an adventure.

Cheers! Mike
www.calnan.com/swords