View Single Post
Old 18-12-09, 12:43

Default More progress

Found some screw head countersunk bolts for the floor. They arent quite the same diameter as the originals but very close (slightly smaller) they are also not high tensile. The only high tensile ones I could get had an allen key head.

We'll see how they go.

Just as I was getting some momentum & starting to fit the seat runners, Ive discovered the timber has shrunk or warped or something. Because the holes don't line up with the floor

Ill be able to drill them out a bit I think as long as the edges dont split. If they do, I really will chuck a wobbly.........

The main thing that really makes you feel like your progressing at the rate of an asthmatic ant with a heavy load of shopping. Is cleaning up old bolts. Its certainly worth doing, but brother!! is it tedious......

The only thing that keeps you awake is when one gets sucked into the wire wheel, then fired out with an almighty bang to some random location in the shed.

You spend the next 10 minutes on your hands and knees looking for the bloody thing, then proceed to repeat the process once you get back to the wire wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Floor & seat runners 005.jpg   Seat runner bolts 004.jpg