View Single Post
Old 18-08-22, 14:09
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Bob, while I agree with some of your points my opinion stands.
Sure, kids are curious by nature and might think it’s cool. That’s a huge leap between wanting to own one, let alone making the investment to purchase or having the skills and ability to restore or maintain it.
As Bruce points out, we may even see the day where they are removed from the roads in the name of (insert flavour of the week here)….
Personally I think vintage cars are interesting (pre 1940’s) and even admire the craftsmanship of antique carriages. We don’t see too many of either on the roads anymore, simply the interest and skill set is gone.
A guy can barely sell a Model T Ford anymore, unless it is going to some other equally minded nut.
Will there always be an interest in old vehicles? Sure. I just don’t see it ever regaining the momentum of the past moving forward.
Our kids today are becoming further and further removed and disconnected with even the basics of life. Today’s world consists of fleeting snippets of instant gratification fueled by an ever increasing thirst for more.
This guy will continue down the path for my own satisfaction, just the way grandpa is supposed to, out tinkering on some old junk

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers