Thread: For Sale: CMP collection - help needed
View Single Post
Old 17-06-22, 12:17
MLU Administrator

Default Epic road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Moon View Post
Well I took the plunge and headed out to secure the water truck. I drove my truck up to Lyle evans place in Lone Butte with a nice stop on the way visiting George Boatman. That was the first day, Hooked up Lyles Trailer and drove to Smithers to meet up with Barry And Shannopn Finnegan, great people! Got there at 530 pm and started everything , took pictures, messed up video though, Sorted and then got to work loading the many pieces of the truck.
Got great Help form Justin Foulks-Taylor, a fellow western command member who was up north exploring and camping, it seemed like no time at all we were done. I turned around and said I'm just going to call my wife, looked at my phone and it was after 10 pm?? Still bright as day, in fact that short clip I posted on MLU Facebook was taken about 1015 PM?! Forgot how long the days are up there this time of year.
The Finnegans invited us down the hill to their house for a shower and a nice bed for the night which was very hospitable and needed/welcomed.
Got off in the morning with Justin going back to exploring and finding CMP's!
I drove carefully over the next 9 hours, one hour longer than going up, back to Lyle's in Lone Butte, The Mosquitoes came out in full force so we retired inside and waited until morning to unload the teailer and store the truck until I can bring it down and fit into my workspace, with the pickup truck loaded to the gills I took a little drive home through the Fraserr Canyon, (Google Fraser Canyon flood damage!) and got home after three. Sean Black came over and helped me unload and put away the treasures.
The other three trucks are well worth the prices offered and Edmonton is just as close as I am so damn the fuel prices lets get them a new home.
Well done Harry! An epic road trip, and another one saved. Reminds me of my 6-day road trip to Norway.