View Single Post
Old 19-01-22, 13:44
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Good luck to them then finding the carbon neutral fire fighting gear needed for the next fire. Let me think Fire tenders = Diesel, Portable pumps = Petrol? Helicopters and Aeroplanes = Kero. Maybe they do all this stuff with electric motors now and maybe I'm just out of touch? Is there a world full of old guys who just slink back into their sheds and give a single finger wave as they close the door?
I spoken with people (uninformed self-centred zealots actually) in our largest city Toronto who honestly believe the mere sight of a drop of oil is enough to poison you. And yes, absolutely, we can convert to electric cars, transport trucks, aircraft and construction equipment by tomorrow noon at the latest. In fact we must or die. Yet nothing must get in the way of their lavish supply of imported fresh fruit and lattes, all inclusive vacations to the Caribbean in the winter nor their exotically furnished and well heated condominiums.

When I say I've spoken to them is a bit of a stretch. They did all the 'spoken' to me and I risked my life countering even the smallest point with reality.