View Single Post
Old 05-04-24, 23:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
is it more possible that this might actually be a design concept trial vehicle developed entirely in England during the war? The British Army clearly liked the DUKW, they bought a lot of them. But could reliable deliveries have been enough of an issue during the Battle of the Atlantic that they seriously considered cloning the DUKW with available resources.

David
The Brits definitely liked the DUKW....I think the last 2 were released from the Royal Navy only a few years ago(?).
But, if a supply problem due to the battle of the Atlantic was the issue, why would they use Canadian overseas components to build this DUKW clone in stead of using domestic components supporting their own industry?
I guess anything is possible.....but I am with Niels that this could well be a postwar development from the Italians...or maybe even French navy?

But, the date of april 2nd for the ad is too much of coincidence for me.....there are too much different pictures to be photoshop, so the vehicle most likely exists......but I have a feeling the seller might be having a laugh with the advert text.