View Single Post
Old 23-11-03, 21:17

Default CMPs for sale in England

It seems that I have too many toys in the shed and its about time I haed a bit of a tidy up. I have been saving this truck as a restoration prospect for some years, but to be honest I am just not going to get round to sorting it out. Other things keep coming a long and moving it down the list of priorities....So

Its a LATE 1942 Chevrolet C15 on a British SM contact number. It has been stored inside for many years and is very sound. I have over period of time collected lots of parts for it including a replacement 2H1 wood steel composite truck body in almost drop on and drive condition... where would you find one of those?

Also included would be a spare front and rear axle, steering gear etc.

On the down side, when it came to me it had previously been fitted with a perkins diesel. For this the previous owner had removed a cross member from the chassis. (but you can have a spare chassis too, either to build up on from scratch or use the missing crossmember.

As for engines and transmissions, it currently doesnot have one fitted but purchaser can have a look at my scrap engine pile and pick some good bits....

Basically everything is there for a fairly straightforward restoration. I saved it because it was so straight. Rust to the bottom rear edge of the cab, but cowls etc are good....

See what you think. I am of course happy to answer questions. and drop me a line if you are interested. I am offering it here first before advertising it more widely....

The truck as pictured came fitted with a morris commercial body, this has since gone to pastures new.

regards

nick
yorkshire England
Attached Thumbnails
111-1200_img2.jpg  
Attached Images