View Single Post
Old 01-09-15, 00:16

Default Mine have done the same thing

Hi Mark

Both of my C60 trucks have done this at one time or another. Has Rob points out the problem is less pronounced if the tires are all the same actual diameter.

Another thing to check is that the linkages are actually adjusted correctly so that the lever movement actually matches the detent location. Too check this put the truck on a flat floor and jack up one front wheel to be sure you unload the front wheel drive.

You don't mention if you had the truck down in low range, I've had the loading problem and the difficulty in shift out of low range as well. In that case you need to jack up one front and one rear to get rid of the loading then adjust the linkages per the manual.

The other thing I have found is that the shifting tower if it is not well lubricated and used and get very stiff all by itself, this will add to the problem. I suspect that the detent ball and springs get stiff from lack of use. So as part of my spring check on the when I have the truck up on jack stands I just work the high-high 4x4- and low in and out until the lever is moving smoothly.

As I think you said your truck has the winch be sure you have the winch brake on full when you play this game for obvious reasons. The winch needs the same checking to be sure that the lever position and the actual detent on the power take off of the winch are matching. Have you used the winch yet?

Be careful the winch it is much more powerful then anything I've encountered on US trucks of the same size. Do you have the winch scotches?

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com