View Single Post
Old 11-10-15, 22:15

Wow! One could write a book on these SPCases alone, never mind the rest of the 19-Set equipment!

Spent an interesting week emailing with Geoff Turcott, discovering there are at least a dozen different makers of these cases we are aware of, but cannot place names to with any certainty. The vast majority of the cases have near identical bodies with a deep edged, overlapping lid, but two companies utilized a very shallow lid. We can see seven different styles of closures and at least as many hinge styles and/or positions.

Then you get inside the cases to find several different styles of wooden stowage blocks, and locations for same, two different types of anti-rattle materials on
the insides if the lids (felt or rubber) in four different shapes and locations, and two different ways of mounting the Spare Parts List to the inside of the lid.

Positioning of the markings on the outside of the cases, seems standard enough, with expected variations in font styles and sizes. A couple of makers add the ZA Number on the left front of the case, but on most cases it is missing.

Geoff send me several photos, if you are interested, I will check with him about posting here for everyone.

My head is spinning now. I need a drink.

Cheers,

David