View Single Post
Old 21-08-09, 23:20
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganmain Tony View Post
Robert
This photo is like water to a very thirsty baboon. Thanks a Gazillion!!!! Would like to see shots of the rear pipe from master cylinder,& its exact location on the cross member to the bracket at the back if you can. And anything of the fuel lines. I know that'll take a few photos so I'll owe you.
Tony, the fuel lines come from each fuel tank, along the chassis (held by clips) up under the cab with a curl to minimise the effect of vibration, to the fuel cock under the floor. From there the single line goes to the fuel filter and then to the fuel pump. Sections of the fuel lines are covered with a sleeve of woven material which you can still buy. You slide it on before making the flares.
Another thing to note is the bundy tube for the brakes and fuel is the same size. As long as you have access to a double flaring tool these are not too expensive to make and you're able to buy all the parts, bundy tube, nuts and covering (which the vintage wiring harness people here in Melbourne import) brand new. Even the brake hoses can be made new which is a good idea of course.
Renewing all these components is a good thing to do because you never know what internal corrosion the original pipes may have.
Because of the differences between cab 12/13 the pics Robert takes of the fuel lines on my cab 12 should be helpful. I'll see what I have taken.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern