Thread: Reference: Top Bows - 15-cwt truck
View Single Post
Old 17-04-21, 17:43

Default Thanks for the pics Hanno.

I will be doing the bows for my 2B1 box and I am working on the assumption that bows for the C15a are all the same regardless of the box designation/size... for greater parts simplicity and interchange........is my assumtion corrct??

I haven ever seen and original set of bows and was happy to discover the "hooks" shown in your pictures.

Would be nice if Jordan B. would chime in with is recent bow expereince even if his are special for the radio truck..

I have concluded that 1 inch diametre pipe was used....BUT what kind...thin wall, thick water pipe or electrical conduit thin wall.

What is the secret to flattening the ends so that the flat piece is off center? I will use a hydraulic press for this purpose and also have a hydraulic pipe bender.

On my cab 11 I intend to use the leather straps and the brass "nipples" of the 2B1...... I realize that I will need to fabricate the leather straps as they were not included on the excellent repros championed by Stewart Loy years ago.

Any record of "bows" having been available that would allow them to be taken apart for easier storage?? .... I do realize that they can be stored forward at the front of the cab when the tarp is not used but they will still be and issue for storing inside my sea container.

I particular like the looks of the C15a with the front and sides rolled up leaving just an "African" looking canvass roof for shade.

Thanks for your help.

Bob C
Canada