View Single Post
Old 24-12-18, 23:37
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Storey View Post
Stay for Peter Jackson's commentary after the credits as he answered all of the questions I had about the project and I could see that this was a man with a passion for the subject and who also had both the skills and means to complete the project in the style and manner it deserved.
I have previously highlighted Sir Peter's (as this is mainly a Commonwealth forum, we should recognise his proper title ) long held interest and respect for the subject and his work in the area of recognition and education for WW1 history and veteran's matters.

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3679 (Note that that was written in 2005, and Sir Peter received his Knighthood in 2010, so I am not guilty of any disrepect.)

While his knighthood was for "services to the Arts", his work in WW1 History also attracted appreciative attention from those who make these sorts of recommendations for honours.

Where his commercial feature films attract worldwide commercial and critical success, he has also produced many short films and held workshops for more eclectic groups of Veterans, collectors and researchers. A truly worthy man of "Sir".

Last edited by Tony Smith; 24-12-18 at 23:57.