Thread: 11 Set stuff
View Single Post
Old 25-01-15, 02:13
[user name reset]

If overseas procurement was available, then why did AWA make the 19 set ?

My understanding is that overseas procurement was not available and that is why AWA made 19s.

My Australian archives search indicates the first batch of Stuart M3 were occasionally fitted with No 11 sets as there were insufficient No 19s available. Though on line histories indicates AWA production starting in Feb 1943 the Archives speak to AWA having trouble getting up sufficient production numbers of No 19 sets in August of 1942 . So far as I am aware all of the Stuarts that went to Buna were fitted with No19 and remnant artifacts support that.

I have Canadian and Australian dials watch holders power supplies etc etc and they all seem to be interchangeable as do the distribution boxes of which I also have a few of both.

So far as the valves are concerned. My Australian manual lists the same valves as those used in the Canadian and US production models .
6K7, 6V6 6D6 6H6 and so on and those are the valves in the spare valve boxes I have .
I don't recall AWA "inventing" different standard vacuum tubes to those that were bog standard in everything from mantle radios early T.Vs to radars and Tank radios . I think the ol 6v6 was in everything that was ever
invented.
Mind you its a few years since I had the 19 out on the bench .