View Single Post
Old 31-10-07, 08:55
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Default Aust nom plates

Sorry to sidetrack Grant!

Quote:
so it is possibly something which was a post 45 thing.
Hi Keith,

I dont think its a post 45 thing. GPW 11730 (april 42), disposed of in early 1946 has one fitted. She arrived as a rebuild from the US army in late 43 i believe. GPW 225290 (sept 44) has one fitted, yet i beleive this jeep was assembled new from a crate in early 45. MB 131175, (March 42) doesnt have one fitted, yet has an assigned ARN and was in service with the Australian 5th division.

On jeeps, it seems to be irregular, some have them, some dont! So again, i dont think i can agree when you say every australian MV had one fitted. Not every other truck seems to have one either- GMC, Stude etc.

I think it might have something to do with where and when the vehicle was accepted into a parkor when it was assembled at a park or when it was assembled at the factory here or when it was accepted at the factory before delivery to a park/unit?

Very weird things!

I did also find a list in the AWM of MV field spec numbers- in a totally unrelated place to what they are. It is not complete and with out a date. When i get a spare moment, i`ll publish it up as there are alot of CMP related numbers for various models- would make a good companion to the list from Qld.

I agree, the info for it will be somewhere! In my searches of the NAA, i havent found a direct mention to an article/document for it, but then again, there is so much to search on that site and under so many obscure titles! I`ll keep looking. Maybe an email to Mike Cecil might yeild something or has he already written something?

Cheers,
Ian.

1942 Script Willys MB, sn:131175
1942 Script Ford GPW, sn:11730
1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
1945 #4 GMH, RAAF jeep Trailer
SOLD: Ford F15A. Aust. #? Office Body.
www.vintageengines.net

Last edited by Ian Fawbert; 31-10-07 at 09:00.