View Single Post
Old 24-09-08, 04:45

Default Rob: Just a Thought for your NZ C8AX

I am not familiar with how your C8AX would be kitted out, Rob, in so far as the Generator Compartment/Locker goes, but thought I would pass along an observation from the Canadian CMP's, for what it's worth.

If you cannot spot an obvious similarity to any holes in the floor of the Locker and the mounting holes on your generator, try making a full scale tracing of the Generator footprint and bolt holes, and one of the hole pattern on the floor.

If you cannot get a match between the two tracings, two things are possible: (a) a different generator might have been used, or (b) there was some type of mounting plate that went between the generator assembly and the floor of the locker. I have seen both situations over here with CMP's and M-Series vehicles. Some went straight to the vehicle floor and some went to a mounting plate which in turn went to the floor. It can make for a lot of head scratching!

Also, if you have the tracings available, you will find them most useful and easier to take about with you, should you have to head off somewhere to check out possible parts etc.

By the way, can you post some pix of the ZC 1 MKII? It sounds like an interesting rig.

Best regards,

David