View Single Post
Old 08-12-05, 17:42
carrier mech

The CSSA just had a NRA representative in Ontario to speak to them about how to better organise, and gain some political clout. Alas, I'm afraid it will be too little too late.

If you care at all about the firearms you have, the right to property ownership, and even those dewats you like to display with your vehicles, then best to put your money where your mouth is NOW!!!
The CSSA appears to be a good organisation, and they are Ontario based which is where we need them.
Don't waste your money on the NFA; they have been in dissarray for years, and a few strong personalities there seem to think that any one elses ideas or organisation is a strike against their own, instead of trying to work together. There also are allegations that there is irregularities in their accounting practices.

Other than a few AR15 variants I use for some of the more modern matches, all my firearms are in the historic realm; Inglis hipower, sterling SMG, Boyes ATR, LongBranch 4T, M1D, M1A1, M1919A4...... all quality guns with some history to them. Not to mention that I have a fair bit of cash tied up in them, I also enjoy using them.
If Paul Martin wants to alienate us Westerners, this is the way to do it.