View Single Post
Old 14-06-10, 23:32

Hi Richie,
Thanks for pointing out the advert for the carrier (you will be wanting a commission at this rate he he) . Just to shed some light on your confusuion over the hull type etc. i have 2 lower hulls one mk2 which has a very sound frame and then ther is the very early bren carrier. the early one is hull number 3851 making it a sentinal built carrier. According to the tank museum it was ordered in Jan 1938 as an MMG carrier but the order was change in June 1938 to Bren carrier.The bren lower hull has all the holes for the early track adjuster as well as for the boys anti tank rifle.
The photo shows the vehicle as it was displaed at the war and peace show last year as a knocked out captured vehicle using the MK 2 hull.
The idea is to fit the early pannels to the MK2 frame. the suspenion units i have are dated 1940, as well as a new old stock british rear axle. i have amassed all the main components to build a driving vehicle and things like the engine and gearbox are ready to fit. all the front armour correct for the early Bren. The list of parts go on. The only thing i don't have is time to put it together, as you know i have a yard full of wagons and the cromwell is calling me to start the rebuild so this is a project that can go. So yes you are right it is a MK2 hull in the photo but i do have the early hull as well. i hope that has answered a few questions for you.
TTFN
Shaun