View Single Post
Old 16-08-07, 14:32
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: What the......???

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedr
Was pondering how the hell this could possibly have happened. There's got to be more to this story than what is reported on the farm magazine website.

On close inspection there is a huge trailer on a dolly A frame, and I suspect in this application that it was un-breaked. Judging by the prongs on the top of the bucket ( now dug into the road infront of the tractor ), the guy probably uses this combo for hay carting. The added weight of the trailer would have been the driving force to push the tractor over its bucket like this. The question now is did the bucket accidently dig in to the road or did the driver do it on purpose to stop this lot in a hurry.

My supposition of this situation is that the farmer was unbelievably lucky. Without the trailer, the tractor may have followed through and squashed him underneath.

Pedr
The road surface is typical of a secondary back road in Alberta,and better than most,as it has an oil coating on it rather than the usual gravel on a true gravel rd.
These are quite smooth and can stand lots of weight and reasonable speed..The bucket would have to abruptly drop ,tines first and a a steep angle to cause such a dilemma..a hydraulic failure or an accidental movement ,for what ever reason,of the bucket angle and height control would be my guess..