Thread: "SMOKEY" SMITH
View Single Post
Old 26-07-03, 04:41
Vets_Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
It's your DUTY, girl, and you damned well won't stop. SOMEONE has to carry the flame, and it's up to people like us.

G.
Yeah... that's sort of my feelings on things too. You know, the other hard thing about my personal research/etc is that the topic is so... ouch... to be really open and out front asking for info, getting info, and just generally posting and yapping. It's like there's a pressure to censor because it can cause problems between certain "us and them and biz dealings etc"... none of this stuff occured to me when I started my little searching a few months ago (god...is that ALL...just since about MARCH this year???...oiy)

I tell yah Geoff... and everyone else... I'm sure learning a lot of things as a bi-product of researching a "family mystery" for personal reasons...

I get to find out about all sorts of folks... and military history... and talk to amazing people.

Smokey... I seem to remember talking to Gavin a few years ago... and it fogggily comes back to me that he talked about Lila's dad being a VC recipient... at the time it wasn't "important" because i didn't understand the signifigance. I understood by G's attitude when he talked that it was pretty damned special tho

I, for one, am glad to be learning everything I am... I just wish that the truth could be easily talked about and heard by everyone. Taboo. Eff U.

Ah well... I'll keep yapping and hanging out with people who understand and care... and encourage knowledge and caring... like you dudes and dude-esses. Thanks all... for being here!!! Karmen