View Single Post
Old 20-06-06, 02:36

Default Re: Re: 2 pounder attack carrier

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike P
Hi Rod , Is that 2Pdr owned by someone planning on restoring or scrapping it ? I'm still looking for a seat and a few other parts for my 2Pdr ..that's why I'm asking
I hope they are not going to throw these out ..Collectors must have approached them trying to buy them ?
Hi Rod ...It seems like we all use the same techniques in this hobby . Over the years I've traveled many back roads searching for MV's besides following up "tips" about Junk Yards and abandoned Jeeps found deep in the Woods ...and it's paid off. I bought 3 WW2 Jeeps (still have 2 of them) and one 1953 M38A1 an M880 and a M886 ..all from following up tips ,searching and knocking on doors .
For several years I was living in California and 3 or 4 times a year I'd drive cross country ( to NY) and even then I was "searching " the fields. Once I found a Stuart in Arizona parked on what turned out to be Gov owned land ..nobody could tell me who owned it but they said it had been there for years (looked like someone had painted it up as a Billboard)...that's why I asked you about that 2 Pdr and if you knew whether the owner was planning on restoring/selling or scrapping it ..I don't know how the Australian Laws are regarding abandoned MV's ..then again , maybe the ones you pictured are owned by a Collector ?
I've posted re my 2Pdr and ..have not had any luck finding the parts I need to restore it. If you know of a Scrap Yard in Australia or , maybe a Rancher that might have the parts I need , please keep me in mind.
Here are my MV's ..I'm lucky my neighbors don't mind my "hobby"
Thanks --Mike
Attached Thumbnails
pizzamv\'s.jpg