View Single Post
Old 20-03-06, 00:47
Senior Forum Member

Post Re: Neat photo

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Miller
Is this from a published source?
Hi Bill;

This photo appears in a publication I own entitled The 51st Highland Division at War, by Roderick Grant, published in 1977. Photos B11202 and B11204 appear in my The Kangaroo in Canadian Service, B11202 from the Bovington Tank Museum (BTM 2293) and B11205 courtesy of Ed Storey, another who shares a common interest in the Kangaroos. Photo B11203 I have seen before, but I just cannot remember where or in which publication . If I come across it, I'll post it here with a reference.

These four photos are the only ones I've ever seen or come across that are of Kangaroos of the 1st Canadian Armoured Personnel Carrier Squadron and at the end of the day on which they were taken (23 Oct 44) the Squadron ceased to exist with effect from 0001hrs 24 Oct 44 with the standing up of 1st Canadian Armoured Personnel Carrier Regiment, C.A.C., into which the Squadron was absorbed, becoming "A" Squadron, 1st Canadian Armoured Personnel Carrier Regiment, C.A.C. Of course you know all this already Bill , but for those that don't.......

Cheers