View Single Post
Old 26-06-20, 21:47

Default BOXES, Tool, No. 1 WS Cdn No. 52 ZA/CAN 4727

The nails used to fasten the partition were ¾-inch finishing nails. I initially though they might have been countersunk and filled, but after a bit of close study, realized they were simply hammered flush with the outside face of the box. Three nails were used front and back. One roughly centred and the other two about one half inch in from the top and bottom of the partition. The original holes were still visible, but filled with years of dirt and oil. This came in handy.

I pre-set the six nails to a point just before they poked into the interior of the box. This allowed me to easily set the partition up against the wooden spacer, ensure the partition was square in both directions and then hold it in place while lightly tapping each nail just enough to capture the partition. I could then easily remove the spacer block and run each nail home. I then used a flat punch to make certain each nail was flush with the exterior of the tool box.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools N.JPG   WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools O.JPG   WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools P.JPG   WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools Q.JPG