View Single Post
Old 26-06-20, 21:45

Default BOXES, Tool, No. 1 WS Cdn No. 52 ZA/CAN 4727

Once I had the finished piece cut, I lightly sanded the top two edges to match the profile of the existing wood pieces in the box, as they have had 70 years of wear on them to soften the edges somewhat. Then it was a test fit that was delightful!

I then applied a single coat of the paint I had matched at RONA, by hand, both sides and top edge. I left the two ends and bottom of the partition unpainted to preserve an original look. The factory paint was applied after assembly of the box. I was not too worried about thin spots showing in the paint as the rest of the interior has some wear spots thinning the paint out a bit in a few locations, so it blends in better.

I had to think a bit about the best way to reinstall the partition. I assumed a 3-inch spacer block was likely used at the factory to quickly get the partition placed correctly at the left side of the box, so cut a 3-inch section of 2 x 4 to serve the same purpose.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools J.JPG   WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools K.JPG   WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools L.JPG   WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools M.JPG  

Last edited by David Dunlop; 27-06-20 at 16:09. Reason: Correcting Auto Correct.