View Single Post
Old 29-03-20, 19:53

While waiting for the magic to happen once again with the stuck Flick Lever Knob on the I.P.A. (Why do I always want to have a beer when I type this?) 7 - 16 MC Dial Assembly, I decided to clean and polish out the varnish on the brass shaft fitting on the PA TUNE condenser shaft that gave me so much grief.

I started late last evening and finished this morning. It probably has not looked this bright and shiny since the day it was cast and machined somewhere in a long forgotten shop back in 1943/44.

The grey tuning knob now just moves up and down the fitting snugly, but has yet to have the visible oxides on its inner surfaces buffed out. It is interesting that the 52-Set documentation notes the Flick mechanism parts for the 19-Set are identical to those of the 52-Set and the 19-Set parts can be used in the 52-Set, but the practise should be avoided if at all possible because the 52-Set items were made to much finer tolerances, Seems right enough. I have noticed the tuning knobs on the 52-Set Receivers, and now this Sender fit much more snugly on their fittings than the 19-Set equivalents.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender 20.JPG