View Single Post
Old 10-04-19, 16:20

Tim.

Thanks for the information. I am trying to get a handle on all this information for a friend out in Edmonton. He has restored a WSC as issued to the Canadian Army during the war and has had a 52-Set sitting on a shelf for years trying to find installation information for it, as related to the WSC.

We have only recently realized that with the exception of the late war C15TA, no installation instructions for the 52-Set in any vehicle, seem to have been issued. As an evolution of the Wireless Set No. 9 Mk I Cdn, the 52-Set was intended as a direct swapout in any vehicle already equipped with the No. 9 Mk I installation. Battery and aerial leads would be disconnected from the No. 9 Mk I and the set removed. The 52-Set carrier would mount right into the same hole pattern and was then connected up to the battery and aerial and away they went. There is actually a section in the 52-Set Manual that explains this concept. It would be quite normal, therefore to see a 52-Set installed in a vehicle but aerial setup and Remote receiver kit would all be No. 9 equipment.

So now the current quest for No.9 Set Installation information.

Would you mind, Tim, if I put my friend in touch with you via email? Your insights would be a great assistance for him with his WSC. You can send me a PM with your contact info and I will email him, and copy you in as a means of introduction.

Best regards,

David