View Single Post
Old 10-04-19, 10:33

I have my WSC loosely fitted out to represent a Patrol from A squadron attached to British 2nd Army - I have my WS9 fitted across the rear... this is based on a couple of photos which show a WS52, but the War Diaries record the use of the Canadian WS9 and it seems logical to me that the WS52 would have been a simple swap-out leaving all the kit in place.

My main concession has been to leave the wheel arch bins in place (mine are original in situ), whereas the photos clearly show these have been replaced with lower level tables.

There is a WSC radio pamphlet about as a reprint on Ebay from time to time - it is for the WS19... but it is a good guide to the correct terminology, and am sure that things like charging board, batteries, generator and mounts etc are pretty much the same... an image of the front cover of the Pamphlet is here...

http://www.hinsie.nl/Documents.htm

Hunting for "White Scout Car" will get you nowhere... you need to use "Truck, 15cwt 4x4".. though I have also found documentation for the C15TA when searching with this.

Hope this helps

Tim