View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Carriere View Post
That’s true

What’s going on is lots of back chatter, but know one has directly confirmed, so we don’t have numbers

What we need Bob is instructions on when the ground exhibits need to / should arrive, what gate and how they get processed in, departure times and grounds location

Meals ?

Once this is known, we can distribute

Thanks
Nick

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 25, 2019, at 9:47 PM, terry.warner terry.warner <terry.warner@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Bob and Nick

The questions are out there for attendees at the airport - report times at the gate; pass information; show line location; camping; overnight storage; on site feeding arrangements (ie meal tickets or feed ourselves?); show organizers expectations of HMV operators; etc

Can the two of you correspond on this.

CWC pers will get our orders through other channels.

Terry

AND MY RESPONSE...

It seems to me that expanding the airshow from one to 3 or 4 days may have exceeded their administrative capacity.

The total lack of follow up from the January invitation with any kind of information, reminder, tentative plans, etc. seems to indicate a poorly orchestrated affair...... unless you are WITHIN the flyboy circuit.

At this late date to have NO information confirmed on key question for vehicle demonstrators / re-enactors is very worry some....... 10 days before the event....7 working days before the event ......if no financial plans have been made for extra security of vehicle overnight, no portable potties or wash station, no additional food arrangements .....................all complicated by no registration number of attendees to establish numbers and projected costs because NO one bothered to beat the bush and encourage people to attend................. sound to me like too little too late and a prefect receipt for frustrating military vehicle re-enactors and reinforcing that they are just lumpy gravy to the airshow.

All we need now is to have the QPP show up and check on all the driven Quebec registered army vehicles for invalid registration of the said vehicles after the deadline date of August 23rd 2019 or all Quebec vehicles trailered to the event with out the mandatory "parking" plate registration properly affixed.

So much potential, such a great idea .......... so little thinking!!!!!!!

So like the loosing football team..... there is always next year.

Bob C.

Sadly that is "IT" for me.
And that right there in highlights hits the nail on the head. Sad that this events ground participation is so cliquish/clanish and self serving, but hey.........this is Ottawa after all. On some level I was keen to represent my club but was under orders by our club CCO to not beg for info as its their "big gig", and they can do as they please !

Last edited by James P; 08-09-19 at 13:39.