Thread: Handing it down
View Single Post
Old 22-02-13, 17:41

Well Hello, Chris!

It's so odd I was thinking about you guys and your Mum the other day and wondering if your old address in Saskatoon was still on the Ford Family Map.

That would be great fun to see the Seminar again. I roomed with your Dad during that get together and recall he and Bill being in discussion early in the event about the sound issues. I think they did get it resolved by the second half of the event. I also recall an evening activity with slides and casual chatter, with someone keeping us very entertained with stories about the operation of the Ford Lynx, and Ferrets in Australia.

I believe the Commandant from CFB Bordon attended and the event included a tour of the Borden airfield, Training facilities, armour collection and I think even the Medical Museum, which was across the street from Worthington Park. The Commandant used to bicycle to get around base and it was parked at the front of the Admin Bldg with his pennant on it.

I also seem to recall a formal dinner, somewhere in Hamilton perhaps, with a very nice 25 per on the lawn outside.

Very best regards, Chris.

David