View Single Post
Old 02-06-18, 15:37

Good evening, Colin.

Thanks for posting the latest photos. WOMBAT is becoming a brilliant looking vehicle once again. Congratulations on all your work to date!

What strikes me about the photos is how incredibly cluttered the front of the vehicle is, by todays armour standards. In that light, the capture bin for spent casings under the gun mantlet is a truly smart design. It definitely keeps everything in one convenient place for the crew to deal with coming out of action. You can well imagine what they would have to be dealing with otherwise, trying to fish casings out from around ventilation and access hatches, not to mention having the casings underfoot.

Out of curiosity, is WOMBAT’s last known operational base very far from you? I think it would be great fun to take her back there for a drive around after all her years away. Assuming, of course, the base still exists and is available. A sort of ‘Then and Now Trip’.

Sheesh! Now I am getting excited about what that big old Meadows sounds like in a Vickers when it springs to life! You will have to go live on line for that Colin. I will definitely have my bowl of popcorn and cold beer ready for the show!

Cheers,

David