Thread: our car
View Single Post
Old 21-07-06, 05:49
Vets Dottir

Default Re: cars

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
Karmen Max was on those tablets when he first got arthritis, be very careful if yiou need to go off them Max found it very hard to sleep and became very grumpy.

kathy
Thanks for the warnings Kathy. They're certainly giving me a whammy in a number of ways (maybe more so because of it's high 50 mg dose on top the other 2 anti-inflammatories I'm on as well that aren't doing much, but boy does the prednisone whack out the inflammation fast but still just enough to be able to be on my feet! By time for next dose feet quickly regressing to can't walk again)... since starting am VERY HUNGRY, eating like a pig, hyper, anxiety feelings, insomnia, very fall asleep tired a couple of hours after taking my meds, and when awake hyper/tired all at once, feet swollen (not from inflamed but from prednisone water retention) and my blood pressure at Safeway today was 170/101 so doc wants to see me tomorrow morning for a little check and monitoring. It's shooting up my BP to not safe levels here. ARGH!

I've been reading from different sources all about the workings, effects, positives and negatives, of prednisone, short term, long term, and it's no drug to be trifled with, and one to avoided if at all possible, and monitored ... heavy artillery drug. Can truly perform magic and save lives when necessary, and can kill ya slow but sure. It literally saved my Mom's life many times. Hard to wean and get off it, etc. Can trigger diabetes and create osteoporosis (which I'm multiple risks for and another bone density scheduled for tomorrow etc) ... I'm VERY glad to hear that Max is not on them now and hope he can continue to avoid it.

For me, I just happen, for some unknown reason, to be in one helluva a big hard to control flare right now and it's all that's beaten down the inflammation so far ... bitter sweet pill to swallow (pun intended) and here I sit wondering how the hell I'll manage to walk to docs appointment if todays dose has worn off by then (doc said don't take one tomorrow and come see him to get checked) Can't afford taxis right now. Timing is everything, isn't it ... but if I had a little motorized CMP or Blitz wheel chair I'd whiz there in a few minutes and run down anyone I didn't like the look of, on the way, and enjoy (see Ma Yappy grin!)

There you have it Kathy, and everyone else, my whinges and rant s of disappointment and frustration at the moment ... soon, hopefuly a good management plan will sort it all out and things will be better

Now, back to the topic I highjacked ...

Grumpy Karmen sends and ends (gawd, sometimes I just really say tooooooooooooooooooooooooo much eh? )