View Single Post
Old 27-02-13, 03:00
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Investigation continuing

Hi Tony, Mike and Richard.

Well the investigation continues.The phone number I had for NX206814 Noel Whiting has been cancelled so I made other enquiries with posible relatives still living in the area and have located a number of posible contacts, however I can not call until this evening, so I will see what I can sniff out. I am not hopeful of good news as Noel may have passed away or been admitted to a home.

My investigation uncovered a number of other former members of. 123 Transport Company. I rang these people who were all elderly, though helpful, they were not in 123 Tpt Company at the times of the names on the Japanese note. I hope my calls tonight may throw more light on the investigation.

Mike. Thanks for confirming the other name, NX142085 Corfield, PHF, Private, 123 Tpt Platoon. I have sent his details to James hoping he may be able to provide an address and phone number. So we are identfying the names, one by one, but so far I am hoping to find a relative in Molong NSW who may be able to give information on Noel Whiting.

So the hunt continues to locate at least one of the Diggers who can give me the full story behind the "Boozers Committee". I will then hopefully do a story on the group.

Cheers

Tony