View Single Post
Old 15-02-20, 03:58

Well spotted on the pin, Rob. The pin is rigidly attached to a tang on the front band, so restricting its movement would prevent full band clamping, unless the pin is sized to buckle or something. You can see the pin and the tang in the right hand window of Marco's photos.

The Staghound engines had pressure and temp senders for engine oil and coolant installed but they hadn't been wired to the gauges on the instrument panel. I can see why. The senders were modern design which are totally incompatible with the old school radium-illuminated gauges on the panel. The original temp gauges need a 25 to 250 ohm variable resistance from the senders, but modern senders work more on the 2500 to 100 ohm range. Same with oil pressure. Modern senders don't work with 1940's gauges. So I gave up on the gauges and installed warning lights on the I/P, using modern switches set at 250F for coolant, and 5 psi for oil pressure.

I figure a bright red LED light will get more attention than a gauge going off-scale high or low anyway.
Malcolm