View Single Post
Old 14-02-20, 02:24
carrier mech

Thanks for the explanations Malcolm. Am I OK with merely having moved the plug from the pressure port over to the hole for the pin? The pin does not end up protruding up, does it? When I was looking onto the hole, it didn't look like it could. Edited to add: instead of being so lazy, I read the manual. The Stuart manual covers both type of transmissions. The pins would come up to the level of the boss if properly adjusted, so to that end the plug I moved over from the center port will not be suitable. I am going to probably use a short 1/8 pipe and a cap.

I'll plan those linkage adjustments for when it comes back from display in about 9 months. I would like to think something is right on this vehicle, but as I mentioned before, for every job done 3 more seem to show up. As to the transmission, it was out about 1 mile ago (which is also about 7 years ago) so it would be a nice thought that it was adjusted at that time, but he is no longer around to ask. I did see blue RTV on the side pan when I removed one bolt to use as a ground for the switch.

I managed to get the last switch installed and wired up at the end of the workday. I went to try it out at the control panel, but the bulbs are all removed, so that will be done tomorrow morning.

Last edited by rob love; 14-02-20 at 16:46.