Thread: MLU Shirts
View Single Post
Old 22-04-09, 21:14
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm erik bogaert View Post
well I can tell you something Ill wager you havnt served as long as me!secondly I dont live under no rock!and I still dont know what it is about wearing a red shirt on a friday!!!is this just a north-american thing....please take the time to explain best regards malcolm
Easy, Mally... yes, it's actually a uniquely Canadian thing, instituted largely by word-of-mouth since we began taking battle casualties in Afghanistan. It's been a tremendous driver in getting the population behind our troops for the first time in more than a generation... Alex was only surprised because another Canadian - one here on MLU to-boot - was not aware of the effort.

Regards the MLU shirts, the point has been more than made that in honour of not just those young men and women putting themselves in harm's way today, but in fact in honour of all those who have in past, one of MLU's colours be red. I concur and accept this ad-hoc request, and will comply. To start with, the golf shirts will be available in red or black.

To answer another question, on the golf shirts themselves - which are by nature conservative, 'dressier', and not given to 'advertising' - there will be only the MLU logo on the left breast. The t-shirts to follow, on the other hand, will be two-sided, with a great design I've already roughed out...

To answer yet another question, I'm already trying to establish the status of more decals - one can never have enough!

Jif