View Single Post
Old 11-09-16, 17:00

Default Omva milton 2016

Just a few words to add to what others have already said.

It truly was a great event and I believe it exceeded any/all expectations. Not only was there an excellent turnout of MV’s but the great number of vintage steam, gas and diesel powered vehicles/equipment was spectacular! A big thanks to the Hamilton Signals Association Vintage Signals Team and Sergiy from the Toronto branch of the International Plastic Modellers Society. Your excellent displays were popular with the crowds and were a very significant part of the overall exhibit. Also, a big thanks to those who came out to either visit, chat or display a vehicle. Your participation was very much appreciated, added to the success of the event and OMVA.

Now in its 56th year, the organizers of the Steam-Era event do an amazing job! These folks are the Ontario Steam and Antique Preservers Association (OSAPA). Aside from my five years in the Royal Canadian Navy that took me away from the GTA, this is where I’ve grown up/lived and have never been to this event. Earlier in July, I met with Frazer McLeod (OSAPA President) and was given a tour of the site, Country Heritage Park. Although very impressed, I could never have imagined how big of a show it really is. According to Frazer, between paying visitors, members and exhibitors, the event drew a crowd of about 8000 with visitors from as far away as Chile, Holland and Spain. The date never changes, mark it down on your calendar, Steam-Era, Labour Day weekend. To Frazer, Courtney and the others at OSAPA...Thanks for having us and extending such a warm welcome. Greatly appreciated and very much look forward to next year.

Along with everything else militaria, I never seem to get a big enough dose of MV. I had a great weekend which ended way too fast. Between OMVA Milton, Aquino and a few other events...this has been a great year! My Ferret has certainly made this hobby fun but the people I’ve met have made it AWESOME! Thanks for the friendship....Les, Barry, Brian(1), Brian(2), Kolten, Sergiy, Bill(1), Bill(2), Bill(3), Alan, Ross, Josef, Danny, Brian(1), Brian(2), Wendy, Angus, Jeff, Dennise, Mike, Don, Terri, Paula-Ann, Matt, Kirk, Frank, Colleen, Ken, Eugene, Charlie, Jordan, Hugh, Ian, Bob, Mel, Francis, Frazer, Courtney, Adam, Rob, Al, Jeremy, Robin, Don, Bryan, Peter, Sandra, Richard, Ulrich, Robert, Ian, Al, Greg, Sandy, Chad, Mike and many more!

Michael R. Thanks for setting up the modular tent on the Thursday. After Angus and I helped Brian to take it down on Monday afternoon, I can't believe that you put it up by yourself. Again, Thanks.
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)

Last edited by Terry Witiuk; 11-09-16 at 21:35.