View Single Post
Old 05-05-15, 02:24

Default Joining the CMP Driver's Club

Well Gents,
Jim and I finally got all the bits, parts and pieces together on the C-15A today! I couldn't believe how long it took to get the throttle cable properly mounted and I figured out that the best way to wire the instrument panel was to take the driver's door off. Other small details like engine timing and slight carb adjustments seemed to take most of the day. Anyways - at 3:30pm - I fired up and took off down the side road on my first drive in a CMP! Shifting didn't seem too much different than the carrier except the truck rolls a lot better however that centre gas pedal had my foot searching a couple of times! Upon return to Commercial Pallet, I had a few more things to tighten up and adjust and then we were off for a highway test. Jim and I took her down #117 to Baysville, a short johnt of about 5 km. According to the speedo, it was doing 40 to 45 mph in 4th gear, no problem! We stopped in Baysville to do a once over, front and rear brake drums, lights, tires, etc and then headed back to Commercial Pallet. Attached are some pictures of the C-15A after we got back.
Tomorrow, we are off to a Huntsville Dutch Liberation Day lunch. I won't have the Radio Box on the back, I'm going to bob tail up and back. I want to make sure everything shakes out before we put the box on the rear axle.
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
C15RT1.jpg   C15RT2.jpg   C15RT3.jpg   C15RT4.jpg   C15RT5.jpg  

1941 CMP C12 C-15A (Parts)
1942 CMP C13 F-60S Dumper (Restoring)
2 x 1941 CMP C12 F-GT (Storage)
194? CMP C13 C-60X (For Sale)