View Single Post
Old 26-09-11, 22:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian McCallum View Post
Rich,

Where do you manage to find all these great shots, certainly recognise the church, just can't quite figure ourt the orientation without checking a street plan.

Are my eyes playing tricks or is there another vehicle behind the WOC? You can quite easily define the cab and rear tilt frame devoid of any canvas but there also appears to be another 'tilted' vehicle beyond it. Also interesting as this is the first photo I have seen of the bridge plate painted in this position.

Ian
Ian, eBay Germany is the treasure trove but it rather takes the place of a social life and uses up valuable workshop time. 'Axis History' of course likes vehicles in German service but my preference (oh, alright, obsession then) is for them to still show their BEF markings.

I'm pretty sure that there are two vehicles there and thought that there was another WOC1 front mudguard low down.

Reading through BEF marking instructions, they do tend to be a bit vague and open to interpretation so I'm not surprised that there are variations.