View Single Post
Old 04-07-08, 08:17
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Default carrying on!

I thought i would add some pics and links in to this thread so they dont get lost in the abyss!

Jeff asked about details of the tyre correct pump- here they are.

I picked up this pump for what could have been a $2 profit! I looked at the other one in the photo with the big base at a swap last year and the guy said '$5, i dont want to take it home', i said no because i needed it like a hole in my head. He then threw the CMP one at me and said there you go, 2 for $2, again i said no as i didnt know it was a CMP pump or i would have grabbed it first! He said ok, just take them- again i said no, he said i`ll give you $2 to take them- again i said no, i then ended up giving in and just giving him the $2 because i felt bad and took them so he would leave me!

It wasnt until i got home and I was looking at the pumps I noticed a stamping. Off to the wire wheel, a bit of a brush and whala- the D^D appeared! I jumped around a fare bit that afternoon! For those wondering, the correct CMP pump is the dark green, shorter one on the left.

The only marking on it are: D^D on the body at the top. D.E.P. on the cap and 7 on the base.

Pics are available here: http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/show...717&ppuser=473

Cheers,
Ian.

1942 Script Willys MB, sn:131175
1942 Script Ford GPW, sn:11730
1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
1945 #4 GMH, RAAF jeep Trailer
SOLD: Ford F15A. Aust. #? Office Body.
www.vintageengines.net