View Single Post
Old 27-09-15, 20:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
He could also be talking about the canvas cover that goes over the cam plate and bearings. I have about 80% of an original, but have not made up a copy for my carrier. It is the kind of thing you install as you are building the carrier....I could not imagine trying to replace it unless you happened to have the engine and radiator out, removed the wiring conduits, and the armoured air louvers.

I may make one up for the 2VP carrier at work as I am just about to install the cross shaft now. I also need to make up the cross tube dust excluders, and cannot decide between the bellows type or the simple wiper type. The carrier will not see the mud or brush like it did 70 years ago.
Rob, Have you some pics and dimensions of that canvas cover?, i believe there is one behind the driver which excludes debris coming into the cam plate and another which snap poppers on that covers over the cam plate rollers (i have seen remains of this particular canvas cover on Richard Harrisons carrier) when he got it.

Kevin.
1941 Standard Mk1 stowage Carrier, light stone.
10 cwt wartime mortar trailer.
1943 Mk2 Daimler Dingo.
1943 Willys MB.
1936 Vickers MG carrier No1 Mk1 CMM 985.