View Single Post
Old 22-10-10, 11:00
Toby Baillie

G'day everyone, sorry it's been a while since I last posted, but i've been away from home basically all year with my RAN officer training. I'm currently posted to HMAS MANOORA, at Fleet Base East in Sydney.

Consequently, nothing has been able to advance on the Blitz restoration front. I organised to have the wheels from the ford sandblasted and painted, but the primer either didn't go on quick enough or it wasn't enough, because they've started to rust already. That'll be solved soon enough though.

I'm looking forward to Christmas leave so that i can get some serious work done. The Chev is still top priority, but i'll try and get the Ford running at some stage as well. Also, myself, my father and John Mackie attended a clearing sale in Lake Cargelligo last weekend, where the steal of the day (in my opinion) was an old Bedford truck, which was a firetruck and came with a tank, which went for $500. There was a Ford Blitz there as well which went for a bit over $600. I walked away with a toolbox for my Ford, and John acquired several starter motors. All in all, a day of bargains!