View Single Post
Old 16-01-10, 08:00
Toby Baillie

Well, after acquiring my Chev Blitz back early in 2009, and a fair bit of hard work since then, our efforts were finally rewarded today. Myself, my dad and John Mackie put in two days of work on the Blitz to get her running, and I'm thrilled to announce that after sitting dead for around about 50 years, my Blitz today went for a drive!

It wasn't much of a drive, admittedly, as there's still a few small issues that need to be ironed out, but the old girl astonished me with her virtually thoroughbred quality! After a bit of initial hesitation that we diagnosed as a blocked fuel line, the engine was running magnificently, with the merest waft of the hand over the starter and a touch on the throttle. What an amazing experience it is to bring such a thing back to life!

Thanks very much to you Phil for providing that site about the modified accelerator linkages; that helped us get around the problem of the water pump, quite literally!

As soon as I get the right nuts for the rear left-hand axle, and a missing transfer case shaft to stop the oil leaking out, then we'll be able to take the truck on a much more long-distance drive, which will be awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
E46.jpg   E47.jpg   E48.jpg   I48.jpg   I51.jpg