View Single Post
Old 01-06-05, 21:47

Default Proposition of new department: Bibliography

Hello all authorities, owners, moderators, MLUers and whoever else interested in...

We do have a situation now when the reviews of the books are dispersed between all main departments of the MLU forum. This is small difference between the MLU and other military-historic forums I am sure we know. What I have always liked and admired Canada, Canadian historians and publishers are hundreds, if not thousands, of valuable military history books written and published. In many WWII fields Canada is record-breaking country when it comes to the number of books and articles dedicated to selected subjects as for instance Dieppe, D-Day, Falaise Pocket, RCAF etc.

I think that in the days/weeks/months/years to come we will be reviewing next books and these reviews will be – as up to this time – dispersed between various MLU departments. No doubt also I will be a person inviting other MLUers to discuss about various Canadian and other books, for example no doubt about "No Holding Back" which seems to be one of more important book in the Canadian military historiography.

How do you think, how do you feel – would it be possible and needed to establish new MLU department under the title of "Bibliography" to review over there all the books we are interested in? In my opinion it would be a tool of building the prestige of the MLU, it would be very valuable corner for those of us who are professionalists (historians, journalists, publicists, publishers, researchers etc.) but first of all it would be very good place for all simple MLUers as a place to look and to see "to buy this book or not?", "to lose money for it or not?" – one useful place for all of us. And one simple place allowing to avoid looking for and searching entire MLU Forum for the books with the question in mind: "Did they review it or not?". To be brief – one very practical place typical for similar forums. I am writing it also as an ex-moderator of big WWII forum, not only a man very interested in military history.

What do you think My Dears?