View Single Post
Old 06-03-03, 19:11
Vets_Dottir

Default Audrieu Memorial

MARK: Thank you for posting the image of the memorial. I'm glad to see it in here. Glad my
Uncles name is on it, and that some who were there
but not part of the Winnipegs, were also included.

Finally received that copy of the book, Conduct Unbecoming. My Uncle and names of 156 men are listed at the beginning of the book.,including
a `mention' of 10 unknown/unnamed men. The story about my Uncles group specifically starts on page 90, where Rifleman, SMITH, E, is mentioned. I still haven't been able to read more tha 2 pages, but will read the whole book.

There is (I hope I remembered the `right' names Mark:

HODGE, Frederick E.
and
FULLER, Austin. R.
named in that list at the beginning of the book.

There are certainly a few surnames from back home
and if the other 2 Smith's mentioned were from ``back home' area, then they're probably related to my family as well. I'd have to check. I had an uncle named Frederick Smith (passed away in a fire, not the WW2, but I think he did serve) and distant relative (passed away) named Richard Smith. Smith is very common tho as we all know.

SNOWTRACTOR: I found a SMITH FALLS, but its in Ontario, not Manitoba. Found nothing listed in the Atlas with the Smith name.

Thanks again for all the postings that are educating me I just have to `remember' everything somehow!

Take care All.