View Single Post
Old 16-07-21, 05:55
carrier mech

I tried to salvaged another stripped pin and the next one I removed did the same thing. So I had one left to try, and by heating the bracket to a nice red colour, the pin came out with it's threads.

I re-sandblasted everything lightly to remove any oils, and followed up with a coat of POR15 and then the Gillespie OD. I had to re-polish any overspray off the pins, and clean some of the bores, but everything went together without issue. The platform is now on the gun, although I am going to have to make up some new pads on the trails, as the platform is loose and the one chain that adjusts will not go far enough to tighten the ring. I was able to put a twist in the two chains to get it all tight for now.

I note lots of small jobs to do on the gun, like riveting some straps in place, and I have to make the wood seat yet, and also the case for the instrument lights. But today I towed it out of the shop to let the sun and heat help the fresh paint to cure. It will also let me "cut the grass" in the area of the shop that has housed this gun for the past two or three years.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0050.jpg   DSCF0049.jpg   DSCF0047.jpg